- By Pacific island Times News Staff
United adds weekend flight between Guam, Honolulu during peak summer season
United Airlines announced today that it has added a new weekend flight between Guam and Honolulu from June 5 through Aug. 15, 2020, to support the strong demands of the upcoming summer peak travel season.
That additional frequency, which brings the total number of flights between Guam and Honolulu to eight times weekly, will depart Honolulu on Friday and Guam on Saturday. United currently operates a daily flight between the two islands (UA201/200) aboard a Boeing 777-200 aircraft.
In addition to the existing daily Guam-Honolulu flight, Guam customers will be able to choose from a second weekend flight which will also be operated by a Boeing 777-200 aircraft.
The additional flight (UA77) will depart Honolulu on Friday at 4:45 p.m. and arrive in Guam at 8:25 p.m. on Saturday.
The new flight from Guam (UA76) will depart at 5:55 p.m. on Saturday and will arrive in Honolulu at 5:10 a.m. the same day. The additional summer flights will add more than 700 seats weekly or more than 8,000 seats between the islands during the summer peak period. Tickets are now available for purchase.
“An additional 8,000 seats between Guam and Honolulu is exciting news for our customers in the region and for Guam and Hawaii’s tourism industries,” said Sam Shinohara, United managing director for airport operations for Asia/Pacific.
“As Guam’s hometown airline, we continue to closely monitor the market to look for growth opportunities. Our customers will have more flight schedule choices for travel to Hawaii and the mainland U.S. during one of the busiest seasons of the year.”
In 2019, United is focusing more than ever on its commitment to its customers, looking at every aspect of its business to ensure that the carrier keeps customers' best interests at the heart of its service.
In addition to today's announcement, this year United:
▪Announced that MileagePlus award miles will never expire
▪ Gave Economy customers a choice of complimentary snacks on domestic flights ▪ Made DIRECTV free for every customer on more than 200 aircraft
▪ Released a new version of the award-winning, most downloaded app in the airline industry
▪ Launched a new tool called ConnectionSaver, dedicated to improving the experience for customers with connecting flights
▪ Partnered with CLEAR on free or discounted memberships for MileagePlus members
▪ Announced PlusPoints, new upgrade benefits for MileagePlus Premier members
▪ And introduced products in its amenity kits made exclusively for the airline by luxury skincare line Sunday Riley.
Click here to subscribe to our digital edition