Nominees for 2016 Guam Young Professional of the Year Award announced
(GCC)-- - The Guam Young Professionals, a committee of the Guam Chamber of Commerce, announced today the nominees for the Reina A. Leddy Guam Young Professional of the Year award.
The nominees for the 2016 Reina A. Leddy Guam Young Professional (GYP) of the Year are (in alphabetical order by last name):
- John Richard Bordallo Bell, Attorney and Sole Proprietor, The Law Office of John Richard Bell Bordallo
- Joaquin P. L.G. Cook, Executive Vice President, Bank of Guam
- Gavin James Gaminde, Regional Sales Director, Mid Pacific Distributors, Inc.
- Sue Jin Lee, Reporter, Pacific Daily News
- Jessica A.R. Leon Guerrero, Brand Manager, Island Wines & Spirits
- Melanie Mendiola, Director, Farm to Table Guam
- Michele Catahay Perez, Marketing and Communications Specialist, GTA
- Jesse Rosario, Owner - Boka Box & Head Instructor - Crossfit Jumpstart
"Guam is very fortunate to have hardworking, young professionals like those nominated for the Guam Young Professional of the Year award, using their talents on our island. Not only do they excel in their careers, they engage with the community. I am excited to see how each of them contribute to the future success of the island." says Judy Rosario, chairwoman of the Guam Young Professionals.
The Reina A. Leddy Guam Young Professional of the Year will be recognized with a special award at the Guam Young Professionals 2016 EVENT OF THE YEAR on Friday, January 20, at Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort's Ocean Sirena Ballroom in Tamuning. This year, the theme "Glamsino Royale" allows for a classic and comfortable lounge ambiance with great music, food, and beverages as we celebrate our nominees who have become members of the community who exemplify what it means to be a Guam Young Professional.
Tickets are $40 per person to include: a cocktail reception with heavy hors d'oeuvres and entertainment! The program opens at 7 p.m. Individuals interested in attending the event are encouraged to contact the Guam Chamber of Commerce at (671) 472-6311/8001.