The Guam Department of Education (GDOE) is preparing to open five emergency shelters at 4 p.m. today. The Government of Guam is also expected to go into Condition of Readiness 2 at 4 p.m.
Residents who need emergency shelter are urged to arrive at the shelter closest to their home as early as 4 p.m., before the onset of damaging winds, which is expected around 9 a.m. Saturday. Emergency shelters will not be opened until 4 p.m.
Do not attempt to go to any emergency shelter until then.
The following emergency shelters will be made available when COR 2 is announced at 4 p.m.:
· Astumbo Elementary School
· Machananao Elementary School
• Bring a 7-day supply of food, water & prescriptions; infants & toddlers should have a 7- day supply of disposable diapers, baby formula & baby food
• Bring bedding, toiletries, toilet tissue, and personal hygiene products • Must complete registration. Bring a form of valid I.D.
• Must report Tuberculosis or flu-like symptoms
• Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, and weapons are not allowed in the shelter or on the shelter grounds.
Persons caught in possession will be asked to leave the shelter and in some cases turned over to law enforcement personnel. Persons determined to be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs will not be admitted, or readmitted to the shelter.
• Public Law 21-139 dictates that there is no smoking on school premises. Smoking is not allowed in the shelter. Smoking is permitted outside the campus in designated smoking areas only. Please dispose of cigarette butts properly.
• Quiet hours will be announced and enforced in the sleeping areas. However, sleeping areas should be kept quiet at all times. • If you bring vital documents (i.e. Birth records, passports, etc.), secure them or keep them on you at all times. The Shelter is not responsible for these items if stolen.
• Parents must maintain responsibility and supervision for their children. Children must never be left unattended. • No cooking or gas stoves •
For your safety do not leave the shelter before COR 4 has been declared
• Only service animals are allowed at this time.
• Pets cannot be sheltered at this time.
For those seeking shelter for their pets, make plans for them now to stay with a loved one, friend or family member as pets will not be allowed in the emergency shelters.
Those seeking shelter who do not have reliable transportation, or have a disability and need a ride to a designated storm shelter, are advised to contact their village Mayor’s Office for information on transportation.
Residents will need to go to their respective Mayor’s Office for bus transportation to the shelters. Village Mayors contact information is listed below:
Paul M. McDonald, Mayor firstname.lastname@example.org 472-6393/8285/6 472-6124
Kevin Susuico, Mayor email@example.com 565-2524/31 565-4335 565-4826
ASAN-MAINA Frankie A. Salas, Mayor firstname.lastname@example.org 472-6581 479-2726 472-6446
BARRIGADA 477 -6758/909 0 479 -6800/680 1 472 -649 4
PITI Jesse L.G. Alig, Mayor email@example.com m 472 -1232/ 3 477 -267 4
SANTA RITA Dale E. Alvarez, Mayor firstname.lastname@example.org
565 -2514/433 7 565 -4302/0 4 565 -322 2
SINAJANA Robert RDC Hofmann, Mayor email@example.com 472 -670 7 477 -332 3
TALOFOFO Vicente S. Taitague, Mayor firstname.lastname@example.org 789 -1421/3262/482 1 789 -2010 (Gym ) 789 -525 1
TAMUNING -TUMON Louise C. Rivera, Mayor email@example.com 646 -5211/864 6 647 -9816/9819/2 0 646 -5210
UMATAC Johnny A. Quinata, Mayor firstname.lastname@example.org 828 -2940/825 8 828 -8251/2/3/4/ 5 828 -267 6
YIGO Rudy M. Matanane, Mayor email@example.com 653 -5248/9446/911 9 633 -3001/2/3/ 5 653 -3008 (Gym ) 653 -343 4 5
YONA Jesse M. Blas, Mayor firstname.lastname@example.org 789-4798/1525/6 789-1524 (Gym)
Visit the following links for the latest advisory information: · NWS Website: http://www.prh.noaa.gov/guam/ · NWS Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NWSGuam/ · GHS/OCD Website: https://ghs.guam.gov/ · GHS/OCD Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GHSOCD/ · Joint Region Marianas Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jrmguam/ For more information, contact the Joint Information Center at (671) 478-0208/09/10 or the GHS/OCD 24/7 watch desk at (671) 475-9600.